Vein AtlantaAwards and Accreditations
VEINatlanta is one of the most awarded vein clinics in Atlanta! A few awards to be proud of are:
Certified as a Vein Treatment Center by the IAC (Intersocietal Accreditation Council). – We are the only vein clinic in Atlanta to be certified with this award. This certification requires an extensive vetting process by the IAC including a site visit. All three VEINatlanta offices have IAC certified vein diagnostic ultrasound labs as well.
A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) – We are proud of an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). We have been a member of the BBB since 2012.
Best of Gwinnett 2016 and 2017 – Our Lawrenceville office, led by Dr. Fonger, was also awarded the Best of Gwinnett in 2016 and 2017 for the vein clinic category.
Atlanta bestself Magazine’s Best Vein Treatment Practice award in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017. – This consumer voting award is given annually to the practice that is most highly recognized by Atlanta consumers.
Our VEINatlanta providers hold memberships or accreditations at various highly respected medical organizations including:
- American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine (ABVLM) – Drs. Prevosti, Fonger, and Moore have passed the rigorous examination and other requirements of the ABVLM to attain diplomat status. This is an important qualification that any vein surgeon should have.
- American College of Phlebology (ACP) – The ACP is one of the leading national organizations that educates vein doctors and gives best practice advice. Drs. Prevosti, Fonger, and Moore are members of the ACP.
- Intersocietal Accreditation Council (IAC) – This independent national body is responsible for accrediting ultrasound labs, cath labs and vein centers. VEINatlanta is proud to be the only vein clinic in Atlanta to receive certification as a “vein treatment center” by the IAC. All of VEINatlanta’s ultrasound labs are IAC certified as well.
- American College of Surgeons (ACS) – To become a Fellow of the ASC, a surgeon must be board certified in general surgery, nominated by his peers and be voted in by the membership committee. Dr. Prevosti is a Fellow of the ACS.
- Royal College of Surgeons (RCS) – The Royal College of Surgeons is the Canadian counterpart of the ASC. Dr. Fonger has attained status as a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada.
- American Board of Thoracic Surgeons – Drs. Prevosti and Fonger have completed full residency programs in thoracic surgery and passed their boards in this field. They are board certified in cardiothoracic surgery in addition to venous and lymphatic medicine.
- American Board of Surgery – Drs. Moore, Fonger, and Prevosti completed residency programs in general surgery and passed their oral and written board examinations. They are board certified in general surgery.
- Society of Thoracic Surgery – An international education and leadership society for thoracic surgeons. Drs. Prevosti and Fonger are members of this society.